So yesterday I stayed home sick--a great day to blog, yet I did none of that. But this is not about me, this is about my journey to my new fabulous self. But since I haven't been feeling so fabulous since the weekend...
First off I'd like to mention a blog I stumbled across that I thought was great inspired fashion which I want to keep as a reference for my future fit self
http://www.whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/
What I wore today - One Woman's Daily Wear, written by Kasmira who has a wicked sense of style which was sort of inspiring me to mix up my outfits with some flavor--even for work.
Back to business: so Tuesday night I had two very important chores to take care of. Laundry and food shopping. And I tend to do both at my parents' house. So I gathered my laundry and the food circular for the A&P and headed to Yonkers. After a potentially good, but highly unsatisfactory dinner of shrimp (yummy but undercooked), sugar snap peas (yummy but overcooked) and salad (apparently we were having an "S" themed dinner), I cursed myself and my appetite for still being hungry. AND I still had to go food shopping. And looking through the food circular was NOT helping. Why is it only when I dieting that I crave all the food that's crappy for me. Okay--I really crave it every day, but it seems that much more apparent when I'm dieting.
So I headed off to Stew Leonards, the mecca of fresh food. I have to say, I was very good in my food purchases. I didn't fall into the "buy more than you need and we'll give you a discount" trap. I simply do not have room in my fridge for a lot of food. And everything I got was stuff I plan to use for lunches or dinners in the next week or so. The only impulse buy I really did was the Pirate's Booty (white cheddar flavored puffed rice/corn) 2 for 3 bags. But they're lowfat & reasonable caloried snacks. So I bought them. Along with lots of fresh fruit, veggies, healthy bread, milk, coldcuts...the basics. Oh yeah--and some ice cream sandwiches. But they were made with fat free yogurt, so again...not really that bad.
After heading home on the late side, I sat down to watch the American Idol performances from that night. It was the top 6/Andrew Lloyd Webber night...how could I not watch these!? But as I sat down to watch, I got food boredom. And instead of grabbing something reasonably healthy to munch on, I grabbed the Pirate's Booty. And did I section out one healthy serving for a moderate 3 points? No. I ate all freaking 12 points that the bag contained. Only my second day doing WW and I'm already blowing it? Idiot. I had proceeded to go 7.5 pts OVER my daily allowance because of that stupid snack. We have extra weekly points, but those are supposed to be saved for special occasions or emergencies or something. Not the "i know i shouldn't have this whole bag, but i'm going to anyway" issue.
And then I proceeded to stay home yesterday because I felt like crap, my stress blister was too vile to face, and the guilt from the Pirate's Booty screwup was still fresh in my mind. And when I finally got out of bed around 11, I transferred myself to the couch to watch more TV. And I hear it was such a beautiful day out. If I was going to stay home, I should have at least went outside for some fresh air at some point. Or taken out my garbage bags which are seemingly endless.
Instead I did nothing all day. Around 1pm I decided that since I hadn't really eaten anything except a yogurt (2pts), I would drown my laziness in the 2nd bag of pirates booty. Again finishing the whole thing. Seriously Julia? Seriously? Are you TRYING to waste your money that you are spending at WW? Are you TRYING to ruin your chances of losing weight? What the hell. Well, at least the rest of the day held a fairly healthy food regime. Even though I barely moved off the couch with a splitting headache, I snacked on carrots and pretzels with hummus for my lunch, and for dinner I had some light seafood salad on light bread. With the extra 12 points, I only went over my daily allowance by 2.5 points. But I also didn't have any water, just some iced green tea, and I didn't get all my milk, fruits & veggies or healthy oils in. I did get unhealthy fat though.
But today I'm back on my path to success. I had a great breakfast of yogurt & fresh strawberries & blackberries (though I think the blackberries were a little past their prime). So I got milk and TWO servings of fruit in there :)
And while I still feel like crap, my stress blister is starting to heal (though it's still pretty vile), and I packed a healthy lunch. Plus my plan tonight is to go to CT tonight to try on bridesmaid dresses. Actually, that will probably make me feel worse...but even though today will be depressing to try on dresses that are too small and trying to picture them in my size and being told that I have to pay more to order the bigger size plus doing it all with the stupid sore staring back at me in the mirror...I will have to keep in mind that I am working to look fabulous in that dress at the end of August.
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment