Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Kicking it off

Well, today I'm starting out on the road to health & happiness. Well..maybe continuing is more appropriate...continuing with a vengeance?


Whatever the case, I plan to use this as a journal for my well-being, writing both from a physical and emotional perspective. Today I'm starting with Weight Watchers for the first time (since I was much younger), and I want to track my progress, bitch about it, and celebrate my (potential) successes.

This newfound motivation is due to a general dissatisfaction with my life, and how I feel. There are plenty of good things happening, but I want to take steps in the right direction of improving my health. I was on the right path in 2006, but failed to continue my great progress, and once I was off the wagon (or is it on the wagon), I just continued to go downhill.

But as I'm approaching my 28th birthday, I am realizing what this is doing to my health & well being. I want to make this blog enjoyable for both myself and anyone who reads it, but as this is the first one, I'm laying out the cards. I have never been one of those people who felt that I have to be a perfect size 6 to be happy--but I do realize the limitations and risks of being overweight, and it will only get harder as I get older.

I'm 27 and 11 months as of tomorrow, I've been out of high school for 10 years, and I'm overweight with a job that I don't really enjoy anymore and am not motivated to do. So with all this as my starting point, I'm picking up & moving forward onto a newer, smaller, and happier me.

And we're off.
-Julia

No comments: