Hi, my name is Julia and I'm a boredom eater.
Hi Julia.
Yes...it's true. This is probably my biggest downfall in my own weight loss efforts. I focus on making healthy food choices during the day, I stay within a reasonable point range, and I am satisfied. Then I go home and ruin it with boredom eating.
Last night I went to dinner with a friend of mine at the local diner. I got a reasonable greek salad w/chicken wrap, ate half of it, and then splurged on the french fries since I knew I had a lot of points from my light lunch. When I calculated it, I had exactly the amount of points for the day. But then i went home & was watching TV & on my computer & I decided to have a couple of the WW pecan crowns which are 1pt apiece. So two points isn't a bad splurge to have something sweet. But then I decided to have a bowl of cereal. I didn't need it, I didn't want it, I wasn't hungry, but I was bored. And I only went over a little more with that, but it was the point of what I was choosing that is frustrating me.
I know my habit and I know the pitfalls of it. Yet I choose to ignore it. Some days it's only a couple of points, other days it brings me well into my weekly allowance.
Our leader gives us tips to sort of distract ourselves from eating when you're at this point. Engaging yourself in something else to keep you from being bored, like playing cards or knitting or something. Little does she know how good a multitasker I am when it comes to boredom eating.
I still have been losing weight, but it's not making it any easier when I succumb to the habit. But it must be stopped!
Now the question is, how?
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment