Well I am at work today basically just biding my time until I leave for Seattle this evening. I'm so excited! I've been there once about 18 years ago but remember nothing so I'm planning on fully taking advantage of the city and all it has to offer. And that includes exercise!One thing I love about traveling is all the extra exercise I get from being a tourist. Wandering the cities endlessly on foot, strength training from carrying bags of goodies which I've bought at the interesting little shops, and taking advantage of the hotel fitness center equipment which I wouldn't normally have access to being too broke to pay a gym membership. Yay.
Of course the reason we're going is a family wedding and being Italian, that definitely includes food--but my aunt isn't one of those "cook so much food that it could feed a small village" people so I think the obstacle will be more about making good food choices while eating out. I think I can handle that. Plus there's a lot of seafood out there, and from what I know, a lot of vegetarian/organic/earthy-crunchy focused people so I expect to have pretty healthy options.
Since I did not weigh in this week, I can't really estimate how I'll do when I come back, but as I said, I expect to do well--and even if I don't, I'll know I enjoyed my time away. But my goals for the week:
- Lots of walking...find the Freemont Troll under the bridge
- Take advantage of the time difference & spend those early waking hours at the fitness center or going for a run outdoors
- Don't go Starbucks crazy
- Make healthy food choices as often as possible.
- Enjoy the wedding!
Until next time
3 comments:
have a fabulous trip!!!
i've never been to Seattle but it's definitely on my list of places to visit!
Best of luck on your trip!!! Changes in routines can be tricky but I love the fact that you have set goals for yourself instead of "rules".
So, you're back! We want to hear all about your trip :-)
Post a Comment