Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Tuesday = Random Post

Today has really been quite the random day for me.

From an arrival of a clothing order I was just thinking about to a new neighbor moving in this morning to a volunteer I hadn't heard from in months stopping by the office to see me...it feels like something is stirring in the karmic atmosphere.

Anyway, this post may be quite random as well so I apologize now :)

I didnt' weigh in last night because I went down to the city to see a show w/mom. I had a great dinner & the show was excellent. I may go tomorrow evening if I can, but I'm kind of dreading it because I ended up having a very bad week last week. I should probably just suck it up and go, but I'm kind of hoping I'll do better this week & see the results on Monday.

On that same note, I've been fitting in more exercise the past couple of days. Small stuff, but hey, it's stuff I wasn't doing before, so it's a positive thing. I decided to try to fit in a 2x/week workout on the steps in my office building. There's five floors. If I climb steps for 5 min 2x/week at the end of the day, I can fit in an extra activity point especially as the weather gets crummy to walk outside. And I can build myself up from 5-10 minutes (cuz I abhor stairs, so I'm going to take it slow at first) and in no time my legs will be in fantastic shape. :)

Last night I had a victory over food. I got home from the city. And I immediately went into the kitchen. Looking in teh fridge. Looking in the cabinets. but then I stopped myself. Why? Am I hungry? No. It just felt like I needed to do that, to eat something. But it was 11 o'clock, I was about to go to bed, and I'd already had my dessert for the night. There was no good reason to eat anything. Even something low point like popcorn would have completely defeated the purpose since there was ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO EAT ANYTHING. So I didn't. I walked out back to my bedroom. And then I picked up one of the two remaining chocolate bars from my stage managing gift. I took off the outer wrapper. But then I put them down. I went back in the kitchen again. And then I turned around and shut off the light. And it was done. I can't believe I actually had that tug of war with myself, but the better side won and I am so proud of that.

Speaking of kitchens, I finally painted my kitchen on Saturday--a lovely shade of bright blue/green...Aruba Blue to be exact. It's gorgeous and makes my kitchen a bright & cheery place to be. A kitchen where I'd want to cook healthy fun dishes. And host parties. And try out recipes. I love it :)

I tried planning out food for my week, but I have yet to go food shopping and I will be out of the office on Thursday to be able to bring my lunch. I'm still enjoying my soups.

This weekend I'm hosting a wine & cheese party at my place. Of course that is completely detrimental to any sort of weight loss (better save my points!) But there'll be lots of healthy stuff: carrots, hummus, olives, fruit, tapenade...and I'll try to take it easy on the cheese. And I'm going to try to avoid a wine hangover since I have to sing in church the next morning, so I have to remember that while I'm pouring the vino.

So that's about it. Trying to keep that spirit that made me walk out of the kitchen last night to survive the next few weeks. I think now that I'm exercising again, it's easier to feel like I"m on the right track and more likely to pass on the bad stuff.

Excellent. I'm off to finish up my day & then go home & workout. Bob Harper and I are becoming friends again. :)

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Until next time

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

sounds like your living and loving life... what else really matters!?

and yea for the NSV!! it does get easier and easier.

=)

Unknown said...

Positivity always works!

Ashley said...

Julia- could you be any sweeter?! Thanks for your lovely comment. I can't wait until you get to reach your goal of running a 5K