Okay. So last week...um...not so great.I was fine until Thursday. Which from Tuesday isn't really an accomplishment.
Thursday hit and I was dragging. I didn't get to the gym in the morning. My lunch was o-kay, and after choir rehearsal I made the fatal mistake of going to the supermarket--and stocking up on crapola. Vienna fingers on sale? SURE! Pop Chips 2 for $4??? YES! They're low-points!
Seriously Julia. WTF. You should know better. I spent $15 on food that was not good for me (I did get milk though). The rest of the week was pretty terrible in terms of eating. And I didn't get to the gym after Wednesday. I did go running outdoors on Saturday--but that was after lying around all day catching up on TV shows. Did I go running when it was sunny & bright? Nope. Went after dark when it was bitter cold.
Anyway--this week is better. Despite all my efforts (lack thereof), I did manage to lose 1.4 lbs. When my leader weighed me in, I swore she said .4. I'm like--okay--well, that makes sense, and I guess exercise was the only reason I didn't gain. But when I looked at my book, I saw the extra 1 lb there and was in shock. Well for a previous week gain of .6 after all my hard work, I guess it does make sense, but whatever--I'll take it.

So now I'm fired up again. Whether it has to do with the nice loss, or just a general rise in ambition, I'm happy for it. I was really dragging last week.
Today I did make it to the gym and really made the most of it. I have two weeks left until my 5k and I needed to up my mileage. I've been running about 2miles consistently, so today my goal was to push myself to the 3 mile mark & I did it! Even 3.1 (the actual 5k distance). I did stop a few times, but for my first time at that distance, I'm pretty proud. And when I say first time, I seriously have never in my life run three miles, so this is a pretty big accomplishment. I have high hopes for the race on Feb 7th.
I just have to keep up with the training, working on increasing my endurance and speed. Though I don't really care what time I finish with, I do want to do my best. I don't know how I would have done this in the spring/summer--I certainly was not able to run even 2 miles consistently.
Anyway--I decided to start another blog called Live to Fit to Live for my fitness training--particularly running. Even just to log reps & distance/time so I can keep this blog more of a weight loss blog. Obviously my running and training is a part of weight loss, but that blog is more for the nitty gritty-especially once I start training for the 1/2 marathon.
To Eat or Not to Eat
Last night at my meeting, we talked about emotional eating, how we know when we are actually hungry, and why we eat when we're really not hungry. Sound familiar? We all do it. (Weight Watchers article here) Anger, loneliness, stress, BOREDOM (me), time of day, etc. So we were challenged to ask ourselves when we overeat, why we overeat, and what can we do to replace overeating. Our task is to come up with 10 alternatives to eating from these emotions.
So that will be my next blog topic. Tune in & feel free to make a list with me!
Until next time
1 comment:
yay for the 3 miles!!
Your gonna rock the race Feb. 7th!
Post a Comment