Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Laziness WILL be defeated

I dont' know if it's just this week or I'm getting lazy again in general but I can't seem to get myself out of bed for morning workouts anymore. I haven't been at all this week before work.

I did manage to go after work on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I'm planning on the same for tonight, but the workouts also seem harder at the end of the day. I fight with myself to not just go home and veg out.

So what has changed and what can I do to not fall into my usual trap of letting the lazy side of me win?

Well for one, I have my event goals of the 5k (SUNDAY!!) and the 1/2 marathon (21k). That's the number one reason I can't start losing momentum. There's no way I'll make it through 13 miles if I'm not training regularly.

Secondly my accomplishments of getting myself to reach new distances, times, and speeds should be motivation. I was ecstatic that I was able to run the 3 miles last week, and each time I try to step it up a bit-either running outside, or on an incline, or just pushing myself a little extra longer. By the end of the month I want to be able to do 5 miles.

Also, even though I haven't been losing big numbers since I started training, I am definitely seeing a difference in my body in the past month. Seeing the difference and feeling the difference again in my clothes should definitely be huge motivation for me.

And lastly--I don't want to be a quitter. I don't want to let laziness win this time!! I want to for once, accomplish a goal I've set for myself without letting life get in the way.
Laziness
--that evil demonic weight loss villain has ruled my life for so long

along with it's sidekicks...
Procrastination and The Excuse


Well, this time, they will not win. Why?

Because I am...

K--I did not choose that name. But I love the costume :)

Okay, that seemed to work. Now I'm pumped and off to the gym!
Have a great weekend and FIGHT EVIL!

Until next time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I'm in class right now and just laughed out loud. Fight Evil. Will do...after a quick nap at home, I'll be heading to the gym. Hope your run goes great tomorrow! :)