Okay--so I'm not Irish...but EVERYONE's Irish on St. Patty's day...right?
Anyway--this post actually has nothing to do with the holiday, it is just really a quick and lame update.
Life has been busy. March is always my busiest month with work and this year is no different. Our big fundraiser awards dinner is next Thursday and I've been trying to balance that with half marathon training & working out, choir, stage managing, eating & weight loss, and life in general...some more successful than others.
But since this is not my "extracurricular activities" blog...let's focus on the parts that matter:
Half Marathon Training: Actually going well. I am doing my weekly Saturday runs, and the longest I've run is 8 miles since I missed a 10 mile run a couple of weeks ago...which I get to try to make up for this weekend. The weekday runs are still not as frequent as they should be and average 3 miles apiece. I should be doing runs Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as well as Sundays on top of our Saturday run. I've been averaging Tuesdays or Wednesdays or Thursdays...and never on Sundays. This week I ran two days in a row and I definitely felt the stress on my body. I guess I'll have to work on that between now & May
Working Out: pretty much non-existent right now--but I am eager to get back to my workout videos--Booty Barre was great & I really felt like it was targeting the areas I needed...ie, my butt & thighs! I think I'll be canceling my gym membership now that the weather's warming up (not like I ran indoors more than 2 or 3 times this winter anyway...) and I do most of my other workouts at home.
Eating & Weight Loss: Okay--so really this is the toughest part right now. Because I'm so overwhelmed with everything, I'm not eating the best. I try...really I do. I have been trying to bring fruit with me to work and get in my veggies. I did give up chips & fried foods for lent & so far I've been good! (You know...for the one week that's passed...) The problem is now I'm replacing it with sweets which I don't normally gravitate towards. Shame on me... The other problem is that I haven't weighed in or been to a meeting in WEEKS! Sometimes it's because of work, other times it's because of fear of the scale. The last meeting was after my 5k and three days straight of running which threw my weight off tremendously. So I know I would have lost since that meeting, but I still haven't been back. Because I'm not focusing on the scale, I'm not focusing on what I'm eating. So it's been a lot of rationalization...such as "well, I ran 6 miles today...I can have a burger" or "well I'll just work that pizza off on my run"--without really thinking about the math of weight loss.
The further I get from it, the more overwhelming it is, and I keep saying to myself "I'll go back as soon as..." And whether that "as soon as" is my PMS bloating goes away, or I have a good eating week, or my fundraiser is done with--I keep making excuses. The problem is, there's always something to make excuses about--I just have to do it.
Anyway--that's my update...not so quick, but certainly lame because I am not holding myself accountable for the journey I have taken thus far. I was looking at photos today---some before my weight loss, some during and some when I was at my lowest. I'm nowhere near my high weight, but I certainly am farther than I wish to be from my lowest. And I have to do something about that. In this case...it's not about Luck--it's about taking charge.
Here's to March Madness and marching to better health!
Until next time

3 comments:
It's hard to fit it all in, that's for sure! I'm glad to hear the training's going well. Yay! Good luck with the 10 miles...kick butt!
wow...your really running a lot!
towards the end of my training, i was only running twice a week, although that mainly had to do with the fact i was on the brink of an injury.
i still think 3xs a week was plenty though.
your still trying so thats all that matters! hang in there!
Rebecca-that's the suggested schedule--I'm really only doing 2 runs a week...but at least I'm doing it!
I was mostly writing from frustration of not having my $#!t together and trying to get my motivation to make a plan again :)
Thanks guys for the encouragement! You're both my regular go-tos for motivation!!
Post a Comment