Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thirty One Days of...

Wheeeeeeeeee!! Off we go!

Okay, so in typical Julia spontaneity (aka...no prior planning whatsoever), I have decided to do a December blog challenge. It was going to be 25 days (til Christmas), but what better way to do a countdown to 2012 than do one thing each day for my health...and blog about it.
So this is obviously still in the works, but the point of this is to blog once a day, even a small post. Blogs will be anything from what I ate (good AND bad), to my exercise, to a product or food review...anything to keep me focused on my health.

I didn't post last week--I had one all set up about Thanksgiving and all, but I never got around to posting it. Thanksgiving itself wasn't great, but nor was it entirely a washout...I didn't go overboard with all the courses, but I felt a lot like the turkey at the end...(stuffed that is). On the other hand, I did go for a morning run that day and the day after & a walk in between and even threw around the pigskin during our dinner intermission........yes...there was an intermission.

I haven't really been back on track since then though and I haven't weighed in either. My new job started, which means Monday AND Wednesday evenings are both booked from now on, so I'll have to find a new meeting to attend.
So back to the challenge...Day One will be creating a schedule. My first December after I started Weight Watchers, I read a tip to create a calendar for the month, with all the parties and other events filled in. The benefit to this was you could schedule around those events, knowing you'll probably eat more those days and can plan to balance out the week with better food choices as well as exercise.
As bad as I am at planning, the times that I do have a plan helps tremendously even if I don't follow it completely. Even just creating this challenge has got me motivated to make this month a very different December than previous years. Here's to a healthy change - Let's make the most of the end of 2011 together!

Will you join me in this challenge for 31 Days to Health? How are you dealing with the holidays? Ready to throw in the towel or determined to make this holiday season a healthy one?

Until next time

No comments: