It is not the easiest profession to try to keep track of your weight. Long and late hours, working nonstop without breaks, and being surrounded by all the crap junk food (and alcohol) can end up being disastrous for losing weight.
I am in tech week right now-commonly referred to as Hell Week for good reason. This is the week that everything comes together but it means that the production team is Working especially hard to make it all happen.
As of my last weigh in I was down 3.5 lbs but that was after a weight gain the previous week. However it is still in the downward trend which hasn't happened in a long time. I do try to keep away from all the bad food but I definitely have my weak moments if I'm stressed and haven't eaten. Plus the constant supply of goodies (such as yesterday's apple cider donuts...aka crack donuts) don't help.
For the first time in the 7 years of my stage managing I am trying to bring healthy food with me to rehearsals so even if I do have a donut or cookie I Also have an apple on hand so I don't eat ALL the cookies. Easy to grab items like apples, carrots, snap peas, etc seem to work best.
Even if it doesn't always divert me completely, its good to at least put it into practice so it can become more of a habit.
Reaching out to others with weird schedules: What do you do to help yourself keep on track?

No comments:
Post a Comment