- I got through an intensely stressful show without a single binge on junk food. In fact I was so focused on what I was eating, how I was eating, and when I was eating that I LOST weight. I was moving a lot and kept myself fueled and even when I did have to join in on the "junk food" that is inevitable when doing a show, I planned it out, ate moderately and balanced it out with healthier stuff when I could.
- I got through a menstrual cycle without crazy cravings and ANY weight gain! I felt a little bloated, but not like usual.
- I wasn't reliant on coffee during these few weeks. I drank lots of water and since I was eating better, I felt better.
- I got a FitBit watch and I've been monitoring my steps. I was hitting the step goal each day so I bumped it up, and I was still hitting the step goal! One night I even took an extra trip out to dump the trash just so I could get in the last 200 steps to goal.
- Though I haven't changed sizes, my clothes are definitely fitting better, and I'm starting to see my face shape slim a bit.
- I STILL haven't had a single chip, or cheeto since!!
Now that the show is over, I've been struggling a little to readjust to not being crazy busy, and to use my free time wisely. My weight loss has slowed down and this week I had a small gain.
I know that a huge part of this is because I'm home more often. It's like when teachers are home for the summer. You have all this ambition to do projects and go outside, and you end up inside and thinking about what to eat.
I am also adjusting to eating with my SO. Who while he does enjoy healthy foods, he doesn't instinctively eat healthy foods. His dinner last night consisted of ice cream and Reeses Pieces. He also hasn't hit 30 yet so his metabolism hasn't shifted. He also hates exercise. Which is fine, but it does make it a little more challenging for me. I've been more tempted to eat things just because they're there, even if it's not that bad...just those habits are creeping back in. Or I don't want to eat bad and then I eat nothing...
My activity level has also decreased significantly. Most days I'm barely hitting 5,000 steps where I was kicking ass just two weeks ago. I keep intending to take walks, but either something comes up, or the weather gets in the way, or I get in my own way. My energy has been really low and I've been feeling in a slump, even though I have made progress.
These challenges have made a significant impact in just two weeks, which I don't want to let drag me down. I know the things I have to do and the changes I have to make. I am trying to focus on my successes which I know are pretty damn great. And I need to start addressing these fundamental behavior habits that caused me to gain the weight back in the first place.
A little long & wordy, but important to recognize both the challenges and the progress I've made in order to move forward.
Here's to May!
No comments:
Post a Comment