Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Weigh in day!

So today is my first weigh in day. It'll be interesting to see what the scale says because not only have I been following the plan, I'm halfway through my period (yeah, sorry, TMI), which will probably account for some loss as well.

I'm kind of excited, but also kind of nervous, because I guess you never know. What if the numbers go up? That would be just my luck: work hard to follow the plan and it doesn't work. I'm not really worried, because obviously you can't feel a pound or two difference. Once it starts becoming 5lbs, 10lbs...then it'll make a difference. Plus the first week is usually the biggest drop.

This weekend's festivities were pretty successful on the Hibachi front--I did very well only accumulating 10 points for dinner. The problem came with drinks (plum wine 3.5, sherbert, 3.5, part of chocolate cake for Jaiby's birthday 4.5)...and then going out for fondue and drinks which was much harder to calculate. Another drink for another 3 pts...and though I tried to behave by sticking to only the fruit...and a couple of small rice krispie treats, I was a grand total of 27.5 pts for the evening's meal. That's almost my entire day's allotment, and I was 9.5pts over for the day. Good thing we have those extra points! But it was SOOOO worth it. I love hibachi :) I was stuffed.

Speaking of those extra points...the WW week runs Mon-Sun, so my weekly points started over again...so does that mean I should have counted my food last Monday too? Maybe I won't lose the weight I wanted because I have gone over? That's kind of annoying. I had five more points to use for today. I am just going to try to make sure I don't go over.

Actually, with this being week two, I am going to try to stick to the plan more carefully and not go over on a daily basis and save those extra points for special occasions. And this week we get the exercise manual, so I am going to start adding that to my routine too.

Tonight I can't really stay for the meeting though--I start my meditation class at Ardsley HS for the next four Mondays. I'm excited about that, but the class starts at 7:30 and the WW meeting is 7pm for a half an hour. I want to go, get weighed, and talk to the leaders there with some of the questions I have, but then I'm going to have to try to make another meeting this week. It might end up being Saturday or Sunday. Now that i think of it, I should have gone this Sat/Sun to check them out since I didn't do a damn thing.

Alright--I'll give the update later tonight!!
Until then :)

No comments: