Written earlier this afternoon:
So today I was at a work event. And since it started early, there was no time for breakfast other than a few pieces of mozzarella. And I ordered lunch for the volunteers, and planned to partake in a point heavy slice of pizza - but that plan quickly evaporated when the hoards of high school seniors devoured all 8 pizzas, the salad, and soda which I had ordered.
When I host these events with adults, there's almost a stigma of eating too much or finishing off the plates of food. There are always leftovers. Not so much with the high schoolers.
I'm STARVING! And the only thing that remains is a cheese-less slice of cold pizza (yuck) and a few scraps of lettuce. Lucky thing I saved the larger half of yesterday's sandwich back at the office. And sitting here watching the kids eating...doesn't help my rumbling insides. Nor does the incessant chatter help my head suffering from not eating.
And the thought of having to go back to work and actually...attempt to work - isn't helping.
On the other hand, I can't help feeling a bit nostalgic that this class is my ten year legacy class. now that I think about it, we should have organized some sore of '98/'08 scholarship fund in September for this class. Then it might have spurned the makings for the non-existent 10-year reunion.
Sorry about the rambling. I was hungry and my brain was fried from trying to smooth out some of the event issues. And now that I not only had a caffeine fix (Dunkin Donuts Caramel Swirl Iced Latte...which I will in the future think of the CRAZY Caramel Latte), I had food (thank heavens for leftovers. At least I only used 10.5 points rather than the million I would have wasted on pizza. I should probably balance the non-eating with healthy veggies & protein for tonight.
And tonight is il classe italiano in Dobbs...would i be crazy to walk over? Ha--I know myself. It'll never happen.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment