Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May! And another website

May Day! One of my favorite days of the year, celebrating my favorite MONTH of the year...for a variety of reasons, one being my birthday - but moreso, I think of May as the epitome of Spring, and with Spring being my favorite season...everything is coming back to life...I celebrate today. May even has a song introduced by Lerner & Lowe's 1960s musical Camelot which is called "The Lusty Month of May" which just about says everything.

But I digress.

What I wanted to mention was another site for food information I found which is a partner of WW and I've read several articles from it before I actually visited the main site.
www.hungry-girl.com
This fun and very useful website was designed by an average woman who, as she puts it, is not a nutritionist, she's just hungry. Clever. But she features not only tips on eating well and recipes, she actively pursues everyday foods and reports back on them. She features different low fat/low calorie foods from the grocery aisles and reviews the taste & the calorie, fat (and point) count and if it's worth exploring. She features familiar restaurants and reports back not only on the (outrageous) nutritional info of their food, but provides ideas of healthier choices when visiting that specific restaurant. She seems to do a lot of interacting with her audience, taking their suggestions for foods to try & review. All in all, it's a great website with a Julia-esque design and will be coming in handy on a regular basis in my quest for good & healthier food.

Enjoy!

No comments: