The Oreo cookie. A childhood phenomenon involving two crisp chocolate wafers filled with yummy vanilla creme. Perfectly paired with a glass of cold milk, this cookie can provide hours of sweet entertainment as the lucky recipient tries a variety of methods to consume it's chocolaty goodness. Dip it, dunk it, open it, stack it, eat half at a time, eat the entire thing...heavenly indecision.
And then comes WW. For the original cookies, one serving of 3 cookies contains 160 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 1g fiber. That's 4 points. So of course I had 8 cookies. I hadn't had them in so long, and I had a package sitting in my cabinet before I started WW. And they were warm so the creme was all melty and gooey.
For the evening I only had 7.5 points left because I had a big lunch knowing I was not going to eat dinner until I returned home from my sewing class. But of course since I still have not gone food shopping, I had a dismal choice for dinner. Instead of creatively fixing myself a low-points dinner, I finished off the sesame chicken (a lovely 9 points), plus the broccoli (1 pt for sauce), plus a piece of FF cheese (1 pt), followed by the 8 oreos (9.5 pts) bringing my total points for the day to 40.
Good grief. Well--I can only continue moving forward. The weekend is here so I want to get some outdoor activity while I can.
My only red flag this weekend is on Sunday we are celebrating my nephin's 4th birthday at an Italian restaurant. I'm going to have to be really really good, plan ahead and spread out my points.
Hmm--I will have to remember to go for a walk or ride that morning & give myself a few activity points. Then I can eat more! :)
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment