Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Maintenance?

Okay--I hate to say it, but I think I'm going to have to stop losing weight for a few weeks. At least until after the wedding. The weight has been coming off quickly lately. I know it's not always this easy, but if I keep going at this rate, the dress that's been altered twice already will be too big! Luckily I will have another fitting the week before the wedding with room to spare if it does need to be altered any more.

So next Monday when I go to my meeting I have to talk to my leader about maintenance. I figure it can't hurt to take a step back and keep myself at a steady weight for a while. I hit my 10% and am thrilled, and I'd love to continue losing more, but if I know how to maintain now, it will be that much easier to maintain it once I reach my final goal. I've already lost 24 lbs. That's fantastic for just over 3 months. I've come so far already.

And then once September 1st hits, back on plan.

What I would like to do in the meantime as I maintain my weight is work on toning the rest of my body--mainly thighs, abs, & butt. I'm all about yoga & pilates this month. Granted that will still probably change my actual measurements even if the weight loss is minimal, but I'd rather know I look good in a bathing suit than drop the weight at this point.

So since tomorrow is August 1st, I will set up a new plan. July has been Fitness month and I think I did a pretty darn good job with it!
Week 1: 17 APs
Week 2: 22 APs
Week 3: 16 APs
Week 4: 9 APs (Week from hell)
Total weight loss from 6/30-7/28: 7.4 lbs

Rock on.

Until next time

No comments: