It was totally worth it though :) A great 4th of July weekend with lots of walking, lots of shopping, lots of good friends, and lots of good food. Oh--and far too much alcohol. At least Saturday night. I must have had a whole bottle of wine by myself with friends. That may not bode well for tonight's weigh in.
However, I look at the picture that I posted on Friday of my fabulously slimmer figure and I smile, because I know despite some downs, this journey is mostly ups and it's working to my advantage-however slowly.
I have been holding off on clothes shopping for two reasons--one being lack of funds, two being the desire to hold out for smaller sizes & to use it to reward myself for my 10% progress. But this weekend, I couldn't wait any longer. Even though I haven't hit my 10%, I couldn't resist going shopping.
My first two purchases were at Target. I got a dress I've been eying for a while and I wanted to wear it in the city on the 4th. It was an adorable summer dress & with a wide bronze woven belt, it looked fabulous on me.

And at first there was only one left in a size too large, but I wanted it bad enough that I was thinking of taking it home & just temporarily altering it. But then I found a smaller size and I was so excited.
I also picked up a pair of really cute berry colored shorts.

I got them in a size that fit well & looked really good. But after wearing them all day on Saturday, they must have stretched because they are suddenly really big on me & I have to pull the drawstring tight for them to not ride really low. I probably won't bother getting them in a smaller size, but it was kind of cool that I am even having this issue.
The best part of the whole weekend was when my friend and I hit up the outlets up in the Poconos. My whole saving money thing went out the window & I got a ton of new shirts---and the best part was I was fitting into the smaller sizes! In a regular (not plus sized) store!!
In the Ann Taylor outlet, I tried on a bunch of skirts which looked great--all in a smaller size than I usually can wear & they weren't even tight! I couldn't decide on the skirts & ended up only buying a top & a dress from them (the dress looks awesome! and even though was more expensive, is multi-functional). I can't find a photo, but it's very flattering.
The other big purchase was at Calvin Klein. I've never gone into a CK store, I've never had the desire, I've never even thought of trying their clothes. $120 later, I walked out with a full bag from Calvin Klein. They don't go up to extra large, but all the large tops I got fit perfectly fine and they really looked good.
I even tried on some bikinis. And although i didn't get any, they didn't look as hideous as I thought they might. I'm not quite there yet, but on my way! :)
So even though it was a financial nightmare, my trip was quite a success. And now I'm more determined than ever to keep up the exercise to look good in my new outfits and to continue having these "amazing shopping" moments. I went for an invigorating 1 hr walk last night to kick that off.
Plus I cooked dinner for my friends last night & was a cooking genius! Especially with a recipe from the Hungry Girl Cookbook for these chocolate brownie muffins that were obscenely easy & soooooo yummy!!!! Paired them with some fruit & fat free cool whip & VOILA! Instant domestic goddess :)
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment