On a slightly less exciting note, I weighed in yesterday and found that I was back up past the 200 mark. Despite my conviction last week to stay below, I did not really follow through with my efforts to stay on track.
So my weigh in yesterday was up 2.8 lbs. Which means I am still down a bit from two weeks ago, but not down as much as I would have liked. I would have liked to at least be somewhere in the 200-point-something rather than close to where I started.
This week provides some challenges. Foodwise I am doing okay. I went food shopping on Sunday and got lots of healthy fruits & veggies & lunch. Exercise I am still not quite in gear with. I am doing lunchtime walks, but I have not been taking it to the next level. And even though I am still down, my spare tire seems to be getting jigglier by the week.
My biggest obstacle is sort of self-inflicted. Saturday I am throwing a wine and cheese party. There's two problems with that. The wine...and the cheese. High fat and addicting food paired with mid-calorie addicting drink which has a bad habit of increasing the desire to eat the food.
Yeah. And it's all my fault. But there is no way I'm going to deprive myself of it--so the only solution to this hazard is to increase my exercise. With what little time I have this week, I don't know when I'm going to do that. I could potentially get up early (ha!) to either walk or do some sort of aerobics. But I know myself better than that.
Winning outcome of the week: To lose between .5 lbs and 0 lbs (in other words--not to gain anything)
I will do that by
- Exercising a minimum of 10 minutes in the AM and 20 minutes in the PM each day through Friday
- Saturday exercising 30-45 minutes high intensity
- Sunday exercising 1 hour mid to high intensity
- Tracking all my food and saving my extra points for Saturday
- Keeping away from fried foods (Limit 3 servings this week)
- Having extra vegetables and less refined carbs than usual
And if I had time, I would give a once over from some of my materials I got when I first joined WW. Kind of as a refresher.
Thursday or Friday I will try to do some Mental Rehearsing for Saturday's party. It will at least help put me in the right frame of mind for not over-indulging in the delectable and dangerous goodies.
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment