Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Slimming with the Stars

Pasa doble. Samba. Cha-cha. Jive.

What do these things all have in common? Well of course they're all dances. And they're all on the Dancing with the Stars: Cardio Dance Fitness DVD.
I picked this up at the library yesterday to satiate my craving to dance, as well as my need to fit in some more activity since my outdoor walking seems to be at a roadblock for the moment now that the weather is cold.

Anyway--this DVD is pretty neat. I don't do a lot of these kinds of fitness videos, so I don't know how it compares, but I basically figure if it can keep my attention and it's fun and challenging but not ridiculous, it's worth the effort. And since I didn't pay anything for it...

Some of the dances are a little ridiculously challenging looking, but I figure I'll work my way up to them. The best part of the DVD is that you can customize the workout--set up which dances/sections you want to do and then they play for you without having to skip around. I started off slowly with the Paso Doble and the Cha-cha. In total with the warmup & cooldown it was about a half an hour.

I also picked up a Crunch Fitness Dance DVD. I haven't looked at it yet, but I'll give it a try over the weekend.

I figure if I can do this a couple of times a week (particulary evenings that I have nothing else going on), it will be a fun way to help burn off those pounds. Especially since any dancing works the lower body which is where I desperately need to slim down...And if I really like them, maybe I'll actually even purchase them :)

Until next time

No comments: