
Hi, my name is Julia, and I am disorganized. But I am also a habitual organizer attempter.
Time after time I try different tactics to get myself organized. Whether it's organizing my papers (my nifty mail sorter in my living room is now covered by piles of mail), organizing my kitchen (who has the discipline to wash dishes right after eating?), or organizing my clothes (let's not even go there) - I am always looking for a new way to keep things neat & easy to manage, and always failing to do so after a short time.
So knowing full well that I start these projects and never follow through with them, I was inspired to invest in a personal planner/agenda. I figured this is where I can keep track of not only my appointments and events, but plan out my weekly exercise, meals, and keep a journal of different thoughts and experiences both with my day-to-day life, and my weight loss journey.
I got a Day Runner. A nice spring green one (a little less bold than the bright pink one, but also less glaringly...pink) I have a monthly view, a weekly view, and I also purchased the 2 page-per-day daily view. Each set aside for different purposes. I feel organized just talking about it.
I hope I do continue to use it because I think it would really help me plan my weeks. One of my biggest hurdles in this journey is my lack of planning. Planning meals, planning to fit in exercise, etc. Maybe if it's in my face, and I don't have to think about it, I'll do it. I know I won't be perfect (jogging vs. drinks with the girls? Hmm...), but it's at least a start!
Wish me luck!
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment