Sgt. Fyt has boosted my regime and this week I have been boot camping it to the max starting on Monday with a trip down to the park for jogging and weight training. Since then I've been out every morning, alternating full jogs (45 min-1 hr) and the jogging/strength trainin
g. (Check out the awesome view of the Hudson I get every morning)Because I am not working this month, it is the perfect opportunity to boost my fitness and really make the Sergeant and Lieutenant proud and aware of my capacity.
My boot camp workouts at the park include 20min-1/2 hour jog followed by 3 circuits (done twice) of strength training hitting legs, arms and abs. It's tough but I've been feeling very accomplished and even though I'm flying solo on these boot camp workouts, I enjoy that I'm taking advantage of nature and the warm weather (rain or shine!).
Today my jog had me going longer stretches than I'd ever been and I was dripping with the sweat of victory at the end. I followed that up with some relaxing yoga. Not Boot Camp protocol, but I figured I'd accomplished my duty for the morning and deserved the relaxation.
Until next time
3 comments:
great loss, workouts, and view!
Good for you! That sounds like a perfect place to go jogging. It sounds like you are really upping the running!
Great job Julia! Your exercise is going so well. I love the view along the hudson river- I miss it! I used to live in Hoboken, NJ and then in Nyack, NY so I could always see the water :-)
Post a Comment