Hi All--
Yes, I've been MIA for a month--but it was a crazy month filled with drama, adventure, and absolutely no regard to holding up my plans for boot camp or minding my food routine.
Right after my last post, I managed to come down with a horrible case of tonsillitis and mono (of all things!) and spent the next two weeks in bed. Once I began to feel better, I got back to walking, but not regularly, and although I made mostly healthy food choices, I didn't track anything. As of my last weigh in I was down to 181.6 (from 184.2).
Then I went on a road trip which was ever so slightly detrimental to that, filled with lots of drinking, tasting some very rich southern food, sporadic exercise, and a highly emotional visit to a friend. Returning home this week has proven no better and I have knowingly overindulged in all those taste-so-good-but-so-bad-for-you foods. I have yet to weigh in since then. Tonight I will find out the damage.
This week is my return to work, and my return to routine. Whatever the scale says tonight, I once again am returning to my quest for health. My body needs it. So does my mind.
I missed being in touch with the blogger world and I hope to regain some of the spirit and motivation I had before all hell broke loose in my life.
Wish me luck!
Until next time
3 comments:
she lives! good luck on getting well and getting back at it...
I'm glad you're back. I've missed reading your updates! Good luck and enjoy getting back into the swing of things. It will probably feel good!
There she is! I was hoping you'd find your way back to the blog world.
Oh, dreaded mono, I had the worst case of mono that caused me to be out of commission (and school) for 3 whole months. I slept about 20 to 22 hours a day. I'm so glad you are feeling a bit like yourself again, but I know what the recovery is like and it takes time.
Be well.
Post a Comment