Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fitness Schitzophrenia

On one hand...I really want to get back to exercising. My body needs it. Both because of the way it's starting to look, but more importantly, the way it's feeling.

On the other hand...I'm being completely lazy giving every excuse in the book preventing myself from getting back into the fitness groove.

I sit here at the computer dreaming of all the different activities I could be doing if I wasn't at work--walking, running, dvd, strength training. But then I go home and the excuses take over

It's raining. It's hot. I have to build my way back to it. I'm tired. I should eat dinner first. I'm too full to exercise. It's dark out. Was that Thunder?

It's Endless. And then I get angry at myself for making these excuses and not just doing it. My body is feeling the consequences yet I can't seem to get myself back into the groove. I mean, here I am obsessing over all the fitness/weight loss blogs getting ideas and motivation to do it. And then do I take that motivation and literally run with it? Nope.

I feel like I'm in a relationship with exercise: I love you but I hate you...

I know it's a matter of Just Do It, but I have to get past this constant out-psyching myself. Argh. I've got a 5k to work towards by the end of Sept. I better get my butt in gear.

I'll keep you updated.

Until next time

2 comments:

MissRedLips said...

i can't express how much i understand this post. this is EXACTLY how i am/have been feeling. i know i feel so good afterwards, but just getting myself to do it is so darn hard! i have been trying to ever so slowly get back into the exercise groove...15 min walks, little stretching, couple of crunches, etc. until I'm back at the fitness level i used to be. but just keep telling yourself, once you start again, the hardest part is over. i hope this helped!

xo,
missredlips

Bare It All said...

Oh, man, I've been feeling like this all week.