
...my ass.
I mean literally. I've been sitting at my work desk all day. Even though I did go for a walk, I am spending hours upon hours sitting each day and my ass actually hurts because it's been sitting for so long.
And this is a smaller ass than it's been in the past 15 years!
I get up for water cooler, the bathroom (because of all the water), and the occasional document print-out, but there's not much opportunity to move around when my main job is writing. And the time just flies so sometimes two hours will pass before I realize I haven't moved.
I have been known to shift around a lot, look for something on the other side of the room, do chair exercises, or even get up and dance, only so I can move a little bit (I have my own office so the only one looking at me funny is my reflection). But still at the end of the day, my ass hurts.
And then I have to sit some more in a car to drive home.
Oh I can't wait for the days when I'm spending all day out of the office for trainings and presentations. Wait...what?
Does anyone else go through this? What are some ways you ease your underused glutes at the office?
Until next time
2 comments:
Sitting all day in an office is tough. I get out at lunch and get a workout in and that keeps me sane, but my gym is right around the corner from my office.
Being a teacher, I yearn for a sore ass....but, when I used to work for a law firm, I brought my exercise ball to work to sit on. Great ab workout. Also, I worked out at lunch or tried to atleast get out for a long walk. And I think your dancing idea is great!
Post a Comment