Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Whoosh--there goes the week

Just a quick update--busy day, even busier week...

I hope everyone had a great long weekend--mine turned out to be extra long as we got Friday off (wuhoo!) I didn't do a whole lot, but what I did was exceptional and activity filled.

Friday I took a ridiculously long walk outside in the gorgeous sunshine. That night I went to a church fair in CT and enjoyed a greek gyro without any guilt. Friday night...well, I got some exercise.

Saturday I recovered from Friday.

Sunday I went on this crazy spontaneous hike with my friend to Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill and we hiked for about three hours. It was cool & beautiful and perfect. We hiked to the summit of Mt. Spitzenburg (sounds more impressive, but had great views of the Hudson river, and a soundtrack of gunfire thanks to the nearby shooting range) and almost to the top of Blue Mountain within the park.
Photos L-R: Map of park & trails (note yellow & black shooting range area right next to Mt. Spitzenburg); My friend Sara at the top of Mt. Spitzenburg w/the Hudson & Palisades in the background; Me in random house structure at top of mountain.

Yesterday's adventures were in NYC with a busy afternoon of walking and shopping. I love being in the city because you do a ridiculous amount of walking without even realizing it (even as sore as I was from previous days). I should have worn my pedometer but I figure I burned off my Olive Garden dinner and Starbucks dessert (I know--a NY'er going to chain restaurants...blasphemous!)

Today I am still recovering from all that, but am feeling very energetic. I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to weigh in yesterday because of the holiday and probably won't weigh in this week because I'm only working three days and the WW schedule probably won't work.

However, I am VERY excited about my weekend because on Thursday I will be off to Seattle for my cousin's wedding! I'll be spending a whole four days there with lots of family & fun and hopefully some city exploration on foot. Plus I always get excited about staying at hotels with fitness centers to use equipment I wouldn't normally have access to. Yay!

My postings might be few & far between until I return next Tuesday, but I wish you all a very good four day week & I'll be back soon!

Until next time

2 comments:

Bare It All said...

Nice job on all the walking!!! It looks beautiful on that hike. Have fun in Seattle and give us an update when you get back!

Rebecca said...

oh my god..

NYC was great!! I havent posted about it but damn we walked sssssoooo much!

We took the Subway from the WTC to Times Square, walked around there to the Empire State Building and from there to Greenwich to the Magnolia Bakery. We ended up hopping back on the Subway to the WTC. It was truly insane!

Glad your weekend was fab though!