Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ze Plan! Ze Plan!

I imagine little Tattoo from Fantasy Island yelling this with me...

Okay--so I spent some time thinking about what my plan is going to be for getting back on track and losing the weight I have been putting on so efficiently due to my lack of good habits. It's hard to start slow, when I've gone through all of this before...multiple times. But I also want to establish these good habits as part of my life continuing forward, and the only way to have them become habits, is to start slow, re-introducing them little by little.

So here it is...Ze Plan (subject to change based on progress)

Week One (starting today):
  • Track everything (broken record?)
  • Fit in 8 Healthy Guidelines daily (water, milk, fruits/veggies, oils, vitamins, exercise, protein, whole grains)
  • Earn 14 APs (averaging 2 per day)
  • Re-read WW materials from early in program.
  • Run 5k (Okay, I'm so not ready for it, but I still want to accomplish it! It's now or never)
Simple right?

Week Two (Mon 9/28):
  • Establish schedule for meals & exercise with reasonable expectations (mornings just ain't gonna happen)
  • Evaluate food choices from previous week & current week. What is making me eat these foods? Is it worth it?
  • Make choices based on evaluation--Pros vs. Cons=Choice
  • Earn 14-20 APs
Week Three (Mon 10/5):
  • Up exercise intensity focusing on endurance & strength--try new class, program, dvd, etc.
  • Change up food choices--introduce new foods, recipes
  • Evaluate nighttime eating habits, brainstorm room for change.
Week Four (Mon 10/12):
  • Avoid nighttime binging at all costs.
  • Evaluate exercise. What works? What to focus on?
  • Make Halloween costume. (That'll keep me busy!)
By week four I should start seeing changes--both in behavior and on the scale. By that point I will want to set goals for future weeks. The following week will be the aptly named "Hell Week" for my show and will likely make me abandon whatever normal schedule I'd have developed by this point. However I should be ready to take it on and move on afterward.

It's fall. The scale will be falling. The sizes will be falling. And I will be plowing ahead (thought I was gonna say falling right?).

Until next time.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

love love love your plan!!!

you can do this!!!

Bare It All said...

You can do it Julia. And if it all becomes too much to think about, just think about your options at that moment. Fall is a great time to make changes. :)