Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weigh in & TSNW Day One

Short & Sweet.

Weigh in was great--Down 3.8 lbs. Seems like a big loss, but I had a big gain which seemed unwarranted so I'm happy. Meeting was great too--we talked about all the things I mentioned yesterday about avoiding boredom by changing up your routine and trying new things.

So Try Something New Week (TSNW) kicked off with my swing dancing class. Well, it was more like swing walking. It was a bit slow, and there weren't too many people, and I was by far the youngest one there. But it was fun. I know the swing basics, but it was good to get a feel for it again. And I'm a terrible follower, I always end up leading...mostly because my dance partner doesn't know how to, so part of this for me is learning how to follow. But I decided to stick with it a little longer and see if it picks up a bit. At the very least I'll work on technique and I can always pick up the pace on my own.

I don't really have anything "new" planned for today. I will be prepping tonight for tomorrow's Quinoa extravaganza. Maybe when I hit up the supermarket for that, I'll try a new food. Since I'm having my friend over for dinner, I will spend tonight cleaning as well...I suppose a clean apartment would be new! :)

How are your new ventures going?

Until next time...

3 comments:

Bare It All said...

So are you taking a class or just going somewhere that has a free quick lesson before the music starts? It sounds like fun. I was also obsessed with Swing Kids back in the day. :)

Rebecca said...

yeah for the loss julia!!!

GeminiJulia said...

I'm taking classes--I joined a couple of groups on a social networking site for swing & hopefully will find some dancing events to go to! Right now I want to brush up on the skills.
You know I started watching "House" mainly because of Robert Sean Leonard from Swing Kids :)