Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Craving high point foods??

Hey folks--well this week's weigh in was a little disappointing. I went up again. I blame it on Mondays, jeans, eating before my meeting and being dehydrated.

Of course I really should blame it on using most of my weekly points and not getting enough exercise...but I won't. It wasn't a bad week food-wise, and I had hoped that it would show on the scale, but towards the end of the week I could have done better.

This week has been just as bad so far. I'm not necessarily over-indulging, but I am eating meals that use up a lot of points. For instance...I've been craving bagels lately. So instead of doing the 6pt bagel, I went to the store and got Peppridge Farm's whole grain bagels. They are 4 pts. And I got Philly reduced fat cream cheese in Onion & Chive. It was delicious. But it was 6pts. For breakfast. And on top of that I had an apple for another point. That didn't leave me much for the rest of the day--and although my lunch wasn't that bad, things kept adding up. And I brought an afternoon snack of yogurt & another apple. And dinner was homemade soup.

By the way I made soup. It was fun. But I'll get back to that in a bit.

And by the time I went through dinner, I was so far beyond my daily points, but everything I ate was healthy! I wasn't snacking on potato chips and chocolate. And today was no better. Breakfast was yogurt, flax seed & banana. Fine. But lunch was soup (3pts), and a darned greek salad. That stuff adds up. And now I only have 7pts left for the rest of the day. I mean, yes, I can have a meal for that, but I have to be careful (especially since I have barely any weeklies left and it's only Wednesday!!)

It's not like I'm not trying, but everything just keeps adding up. I'm not eating large portions, I'm for the most part staying away from junk, but somehow those points just multiply. It's frustrating because I thought I finally on the right track. I have to combat it with exercise I guess.

I did go swing dancing Monday and I finally felt like I was getting a workout! It was fun. Things are picking up :)

Oh right, the soup. I joined my friend in some soupmaking fun last night & we made this fantastic and technically simple root vegetable soup. Potatoes, turnips, yucca, squash...I have no idea what else, but it was really good. And very filling. We also made a Portuguese Cocina which turned out basically like a chicken noodle soup--with chorizo and meatballs (turkey). It was good--felt like it was missing something, but it was pretty simple anyway.

So I'm continuing with my cooking experiments and enjoying every minute of it. I hope to bake another banana bread and maybe a pumpkin bread this weekend in between painting my kitchen. Actually, maybe not such a brilliant idea. Maybe I'll use mom's kitchen :)

Still trying to fit in more exercise...as usual. And I've been feeling very drained. I have been letting these gorgeous fall mornings pass me by without taking advantage of it to be able to sleep in, and when I get home at night, I crash. I did go for a walk today... and added some dancing to that walk, which I'm sure was quite entertaining to passers by. And I'm a little inspired by Rebecca who has been working so hard and got noticed by a Personal Trainer at the gym who was impressed by her progress! Her reaction to her workout being interrupted was priceless. :)

Alright--enough Julia. Let's get to it!

Until next time

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's a suggestion find a way to put more fruits and veggies into each meal..that way you'll be fuller longer and use less points! Congrats you are doing a good job....everyday no matter how good or bad is a day closer to your goal!

Bare It All said...

Good job on the eating. Just try to balance it out a little more...big breakfast, smaller (more veggie filled) lunch...you know how it works?

Where did your drill sargeant run off to anyways?

Rebecca said...

awe... thank you....

i had to stop myself from saying what what?! you must be talking about someone else...

i'd give you tips but you know them...

it's tough... if it were easy we'd all be thin! hang in there... we have to get through these lulls to break through to bigger and better things..

::hugs::