Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back in action

I broke down and joined a gym today. I really did think I would be able to work out on my own, but now that the weather's gotten cold and icy, I knew outdoor workouts & runs were out the window, and indoor workouts are now few & far between.

On the plus side, it's Planet Fitness & it's $20/month. It would be $10/month, but I wanted the flexibility of multiple gym locations. Plus I get unlimited use of massage chairs. Rock on. :) It's a bare minimum gym with just machines; no classes or fancy stuff (other than massage chairs and tanning booths); but there are a lot of machines, so even tonight when it was really busy, there were treadmills available.

I brought my workout stuff and went straight from signing up for a membership to the treadmill. It was already late because I was at work, so I only did about 20 minutes on the treadmill (15 jogging!!). I figured I shouldn't overdo it. Start slow. Baby steps (right Ashley?) I've been walking all week on my lunch break, plus swing dance, but this was my first full out sweaty workout since the beginning of December, so I figure just because I joined a gym doesn't mean I have to go crazy on my first day. I'd like to actually stick with it this time.

So here's to running towards my goal!

OMG IT'S THE CAN CAN SALE!
Sorry, I just saw the Shop Rite commercial and it's the semi-annual Can Can sale where everything that's in a can is on sale. I guess I'll be stocking up this weekend. Tuna, soup, etc...yay!

Until next time

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey Julia...I wish you the best for 2010!!

I really hope you conquer this beast and joining a gym is a great way to start the attack!

Sarah Howard said...

Good call on joining a gym! It's nice to have that option when all others (working out outside, dvds, etc) fail. Happy 2010!

Ashley said...

Baby steps!

Thanks for reminding me about the can can sale- time to stock up on crushed tomatos and progresso soups!