Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Go for the Goal

I'm very bad with setting and reaching goals. I don't know why. I start out really motivated and then when I start losing that motivation I don't try harder, I push back the goal or give up on it.

Even just setting a goal is difficult for me. Either I want something realistic so I choose something too low, or I have this lofty idea of how far I'll get there & set it too high. Sometimes the idea of this stresses me out so much that I just don't even set a goal. I set some sort of guideline. Which then I still don't follow.

But here I am, starting fresh in January, aiming to get to my goal weight (which as of last Monday's weigh in was about 30 lbs away now). I would love to be at goal at or before my 2 year anniversary on April 20th. I would love to be a lifetime member by my 30th birthday in May.

But can I seriously do 30 lbs in four months? Fifteen weeks? That's two lbs per week. Good grief. Even if I lost the four lbs I had gained over the holidays this week, and extended it to my birthday that's 25 lbs in 19 weeks. That's a little over a pound a week. With Easter, and a major stress-inducing work fundraiser in between.

Would setting up rewards help? They never have before. Either I never treated myself to the reward such as a massage or something, or I went ahead and got it early such as clothes. It didn't feel like I was really getting something for working hard either. It wasn't like it was presented to me on a platform with music playing in the background recognizing my accomplishment...(ps, can't wait for the Olympics!!)

I really wish I had my own personal trainer (or a real life Drill Sergeant), but I can neither afford that or imagine how that would even work.

This time of month I'm so determined to change my attitude into a "will do" rather than a "should do" or a "I wish I'd done" attitude. I'm motivated and planning and tracking everything, with frequent exercise. And then it slowly wanes away into chaos. I find myself saying, oh I screwed up, but I"ll make up for it next week. But of course I never do.

Anyway--this is the same old blog with the same old whining, but it's about finally doing something about it. Also I think I should start taking photos again of my progress. I did that throughout my first year and it was a great way to visually see my progress.

My goals this week--2lbs, don't go over points M-F, 4x workouts of 2-4pts or more, track. Take photo. Go food shopping & plan meals.

Weigh in is tonight & then tomorrow morning I have a group training session at my gym!

Until next time.

No comments: