Turning the page of a calendar is refreshing--often feels like a fresh start on life. A whole new month full of potential!Unlike most retrospectives though, January was literally a kick ass month! I set up goals for myself which I accomplished with flying colors (even though I actually forgot all about them). No regrets here!!
40 lbs down As of last week--Check
Tracking food 5x week Check (Fridays can be tricky--weekends still a problem)
Exercise 4x week every week Check!! (My biggest accomplishment!)
Meal planning Check (More like making sure I have healthy food on hand)
Revisit WW lessons Check (Part of WW meetings)
Don't gain. Check!
Re-join gym
As I mentioned, my biggest accomplishment is my increased activity. Since Jan 7th and joining the gym, I have earned at least 89 APs (11, 21, 24, 33) and been active for 22 out of 31 days. I hear it takes 21 days for a habit to stick. Even though those 22 days weren't consecutive, I definitely feel like being active is becoming a staple in my life (including feeling guilty for Rest Days!)
This has been a milestone month for me too since it's the first time I've ever been able to run 3 miles, and at least 2 of those miles is without stopping!
And as of next weekend, I'll have accomplished one long overdue goal of my "Winning Outcomes" list and my "Feats of Strength" list...the 5k!
Once I finish my 5k, I'm going immediately into training for the 1/2 marathon in May. It's 12 weeks from that point. It's going to be grueling, but it's going to be good. I of course want to continue my weight loss progress, but I hear when you're training for long races, it's common for weight loss to plateau. Since my main goal is to run, I'm going to have to evaluate where I want to be in May with my weight.
The one thing I absolutely have to get under control is my eating patterns. I go a few days eating really good and then the nighttime eating begins. Even after writing my 10 things last week, I paid no attention to that list as I made my way through far too many wheat thins, skinny cows and other snacks. I can't blame it on being hungry from exercise--it was definitely lack of mindful eating.
So, to finish this off, here are my goals for February:
-Run 5k!!
-Start 1/2 marathon training
-Run 5 miles
-Assess goals for May
-Practice mindful eating
-Track 5x week
-Exercise 4x week
-Healthy guidelines!
And as I think I've mentioned, if you want a peak into my running/workout routines, I've started a new blog (Live to Fit to Live) specifically as a fitness log for myself.
Happy February everyone!!
Until next time
4 comments:
Go girl! January was awesome for you. I'm so excited for your 5K - I know you're going to be so proud :-)
Sounds like January was a success!
whooppeeee!!
Congrats on a successful January! I've also heard weight loss can plateau when running. A friend of mine who is a marathoner told me that while you're training to run a race, don't forget to also strength train. I think a lot of people, when training, just run run run. But if you skimp on lifting weights, you'll for sure plateau. At least that's what I've been told for when I start my 1/2 marathon training in March! Good luck!
Thanks Sarah--I am doing strength training in between!! If anything it's also to keep me from getting bored from just running.
Thanks Rebecca & Ashley for the encouragement--I"m very proud of myself :) You guys always keep me motivated.
Post a Comment