Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holiday Fat becomes a New Year of Fit



Okay--I'll admit it. I was a bad girl this holiday break (slap hand)...

Part of the reason was on December 20th I came down with a horrible cold, fever, cough, etc...which had me out of commission most of the break. I could barely breathe without coughing which gave me no motivation to go running...or getting out of bed/off the couch. And although I did not each much the first part of the week I was sick, I paid absolutely no attention to tracking what I was putting in my mouth.

At first that was fine, because again, I wasn't eating much, but as I got better I did not get back into my groove. I got back into the fridge. I may be exaggerating a bit. I wasn't completely out of control. But I really threw it all out the window and in combination with not exercising at all (save one ice skating session and one all night walk through NYC), I was feeling lethargic and sorry for myself most of the two weeks I was home.

Actually, I'm surprised I didn't gain more than 1.2 lbs. But it was a sad sight to see that number bordering so close to my first weigh in on the new program a month ago...199. Ugh.

Side note--for any of you Weight Watchers regulars, beware this next two weeks. I got to the center to find a line wrapped around the entire reception area of people looking to weigh in and register. Ah, January. Surprisingly the gym was pretty empty when I went afterward.

Anyway-Now that I've finally gotten out of the house and am stepping back into a normal routine, I am getting back into gear. Most of that is the fear of preparation for my upcoming training run with Team in Training (TNT). 6 miles!! 6 miles!!! I've never run 6 miles!!! I've barely run 4...so back into training I go...

For my nitty gritty training & workout log, check out my fitness blog: http://livetofittolive.blogspot.com/

I also finally invested in the Nike+ system and got a pair of compatible shoes & the Nike+ Sport package for my iPod. I wanted the bracelet system, but it's more expensive and less available. I have a complicated relationship with my iPod. I love it, but I hate the fact that I don't really have a computer capable of freely using it. So to use the Nike+ system for the iPod is a little frustrating because I don't have iTunes loaded on any of my computers at home or at work other than my old one in storage. Anyway--once I get it up and running it will be a great tool for me to track my progress and push myself to become a better runner. :)

Anyway--even though I didn't have the most productive of holiday breaks, I am looking forward to kicking off 2011 the right way!

Until next time

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

i have such a love hate relationship with Nike+.

If you can look into the runkeeper app, its currently for free and from what i understand the same as Garmin.

I used it for the first time last week and oh my god... love it! I may just replace the Nike+ with it.