Pardon the title...it's a full moon out & I liked the analogy. :)And I've been feeling quite ambitious lately.
As I've mentioned, I am training for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon in May with Team in Training. It's going splendidly (is that a word)--my team is great, I've been consistently going to the weekend meets and I am officially running 8 miles now :) I'm still bad with fitting in weekday runs but I'm averaging 1-2 per week so its better than nothing.
On the flip side, I've been fundraising for the team (see TNT side bar) and it's been going incredibly well. In just one month, I've raised $1,000. My goal for the Pittsburgh Marathon is $1,500, and I have some money coming in from a group fundraiser we did last weekend, so I should be pretty close to my goal with that. And I have three months to go.
So yesterday I had this idea...I'm not sure if it's crazy or not, but I figured I'd want to raise as much money as possible for this cause and bump up my fundraising goal.
And if I bump it up, I might as well go for a different event to get the full TNT experience out of it...and a vacation. Coincidentally, TNT just started their kickoff for the summer season and included in that is...the San Diego Rock & Roll marathon.

It's three weeks after my Pittsburgh Half...and $1,400 extra to fundraise. My friend Megan who is doing the Pittsburgh half is also signed up for the San Diego full marathon. I would rather do the half, but I think it would be an exciting opportunity and most importantly...I NEED A VACATION!!!
I'm still up in the air because even though I got this far with fundraising, another $1,400 is a lot to think about. If I switch over, the 67% I have now will drop back down to 34%...it's all a state of mind of course, but the thought of it still overwhelms me. But on the other hand I'm stoked to visit San Diego--and to participate with some of my running teammates. Personally I want to hit up the zoo wearing short shorts a la Three's Company (flamingo leg!) and of course the Pacific Ocean. I haven't been to California in ages & I want to take advantage of the sunny West Coast.
Anyway-those are my plans. I think I've basically made up my mind since I started this post. heheheh-the wheels are turning and I see sunshine in my future.
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment