
Well I can't deny that this year has been a rough year. I know... it's June, it's not technically the end of the year. But I do feel like the summertime is a roundabout rebirth of my efforts to weight loss and exercise.
I've come a long way (the wrong way?) from where I was at this time two years ago when I was down nearly 50 lbs from my start weight. I certainly feel like this journey is taking forever and that I have lost my way. But on the other hand, a lot has happened too.
This spring I completed two half marathons...running! My first in Pittsburgh I completed in 3:08 which was slower than my normal pace, and 40 minutes less than my previous Pittsburgh Half last May. Then in June, I ran the San Diego Rock & Roll Half marathon, and despite what the actual time said, I finished in 2:50 which trumped Pittsburgh! The official time was over 15 minutes longer because of a ridiculously long line at a port-a-potty during the race, but I really had no choice. I feel like I still have a lot of work to run a "good" half marathon, but I am happy with my progress, considering where I started from! Not to mention I successfully raised over $2,900 for Team in Training!
The problem however, lies in my overall motivation and lack of focus. My weight loss is not the only thing I have let slide--other parts of my life feel like I've lost control.
So I am giving myself 90 days to get back on track...in several different areas, but one of the front-runners is definitely weight loss & health. There are changes going on in my life, and I am trying to embrace the change & adapt for the better.
This isn't meant to be a sob story, more of a declaration of good things to come.
Until next time
3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you've done 2 Half's since you've last posted!
how awesome is that?!
It's so great to get an update on you - two halfs?! That's amazing!
You're right about the "take control" attitude - this battle, this journey is ours to be had (or lost).
Keep at it - I'm here to listen
Thanks ladies. I feel like I'm coming out of a fog but I'm excited to step forward and onward!
Post a Comment