So I haven't blogged lately. It's been busy. Memorial Day weekend wasn't as disastrous as I thought it would be. Well...except when I tried to calculate drinks in (margarita madness on Saturday). Fortunately I took advantage of the fantastic weather and got some outdoor activity in. Friday & Monday I walked the Croton Aqueduct trail (which is just beautiful) for an hour which I calculate about 3 miles round trip. And Sunday I went to the zoo and walked everywhere. We were there from about 11:30 til about 6pm, so I calculated about 4 hours of walking after taking out the stop & go of staring at animals. I was very happy about that.
The highlight of my weekend was Saturday night and dressing up for my birthday outing in a fabulous red dress I had purchased two years ago (the last time I was in good shape), and i was so happy with the way I looked in it. I accessorized with my white blazer & gold jewelry and shoes. I wish I had a full length photo because I looked amazing (if I can gloat).
Since Monday was a holiday, we didn't have our meeting which means I didn't get weighed in. I did weigh myself on the scale at my parents house which I am sure is not all that accurate, but I did just to record it. According to them I am now down another 2.6 lbs. Ha...if that's correct I'll be ecstatic. But I'm not counting on it. I think I'll go tonight to get a more accurate reading however painful it may be.
So here we go with today's tool: Empowering Beliefs (finally right?)
This enforces the concept of if we believe we can achieve. Just not quite as cheesy.
Beliefs, ideas that we think are true, strongly influence what we do, because they live in our hearts as well as our heads. The Empowering Beliefs Tool teaches you that you're more likely to succeed if you believe.
• That your weight goal is desirable and worth it.
• That you're capable of achieving your goal.
• That you deserve to achieve your goal.
I really don't think I have too much of a problem with this one. I do desire to reach my weight goal, I am capable (most days), and I definitely deserve to achieve it. But I do notice a difference in my motivation when I'm feeling good about myself and how I look. Like Saturday night. I felt like I should be in the Sex & the City movie because I felt that classy. And with that I proceeded to ignore my massive amount of calories & points consumed in the form of alcohol earlier that day. But the days where I feel crappy, look crappy etc., I am so much less motivated to keep working towards that goal.
Lately though I've been using that as motivation to say I know I feel crappy now, but I'll feel better if I go for a walk...or have some fruit, etc.
So how can I improve upon these empowering beliefs? Let's take the first one.
Is my goal desirable and worth it? Yes. I had several goals though. One of my favorites is to look good or as I had put it to "kick ass" in my bridesmaid dress at my brother's wedding at the end of August. It's definitely desirable. Why? Because it's a big family function, there will be lots of photos being taken, and I want to look good. Plus I will be surrounded by my skinny sister-in-law (to be), and her skinny friends. Now while I know there's no way I will be skinny like them (or really have a desire to be), and I know I'll stick out like a sore thumb no matter what, I just want to know I look good for the event. Plus I expect there to be hot guys there to flirt with.
Am I capable of achieving my goal? Yes. Hell, I am down 10lbs already, and I've only been doing WW just over a month. Another 10 lbs and I will be at my lowest weight since...well I really can't remember. And if I continue at this rate, by the end of August I could potentially be down almost 40 lbs. Again, that's a lot to ask for, but I truly feel I am capable of doing this and intend to stick to my goals and my plan. By storyboarding my path to success, I am able to break it down into smaller steps & smaller goals that I can achieve.
Do I deserve to reach my goal? Hell yes. No question. I deserve to be healthy. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to spend exorbitant amounts of money which I don't have to buy new sexy clothes. They suggest listing people who appreciate me & why and looking at me through their eyes. Or listing ways I've contributed to the richness of lives of the people around me. Uh...again we're bordering on cheesy, but I think of myself as a genuine and friendly person. I know my friends turn to me for advice and a shoulder to lean on. I have helped some of my friends through some emotional situations. My family appreciates me for my reliable personality and my grounded personality. My co-workers appreciate me for the ideas and energy I bring to the office, my knowledge of the organization, and my willingness to help and my positive outlook on our work environment.
Yay. That wasn't so bad.
Well, now I am pretty energized. I sort of want to go do stuff to continue my goals and plans. This could be an incredible summer if I keep it up.
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment