In this week's Tool for Living I'm going to skip to Reframing (#7 down the list) because I think it will help me get my priorities back in order.
Reframing discusses the fact that bad habits tend to get in the way of good intentions of moving towards a goal or my winning outcome.
WW recommends using this strategy for the following reasons:
- When you want to stop a negative or unwanted behavior.
- If you let your emotions govern your food choices.
- If you eat under stress.
So what behavior do I want to change?
Lazy eating habits during the week
What does that behavior get for me?
Convenience of not having to think about what I'm eating
How else can I get that benefit?
Keeping my kitchen stocked with good food choices
Making meal lists for the week with different options
Having quick meals/snacks that are healthy & quick to grab
Leave enough time for dinner
Keeping my kitchen clean and organized for easy cooking
Which of these new behaviors would I be willing to try?
Maybe I should start with keeping my kitchen clean and organized as well as keeping it stocked with good food choices. That will lead to the rest.
I think if it were this easy, I would have been doing this from the start. But I will try to put things in order this weekend and get back on track. Plus the weekends are always good for exercise--walking...biking :)
I just have to keep thinking, the more I keep this up, the easier it will be to move towards my winning outcomes!
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment