To be used when:
- Your weight has come to a standstill (yes)
- You feel like quitting (not yet...)
- It feels like it's going to take forever (yes)
- Imagine yourself having already achieved your goals, and enjoying them. Visualize the way your Winning Outcome will be experienced, when you achieve it. Use your senses so that you feel how it will feel. Add sounds, smells, movement.
- Get in touch with the other good feelings that come from having achieved your goals.
- Remain in touch with those feelings as you get back to doing the things you need to do to achieve your goal.
- When I reach my goal, I will be able to fit into smaller sized clothes. I will be spending money I don't have in order to replace the clothes that don't fit me anymore. I will have more energy to do more things. As the weather improves, I will be outside doing more. I will be excited to recieve the compliments that people who haven't seen me in ages give, especially being at a weight I haven't been at since my pre-teen/early teen years.
- When I reach this goal I want to sign up for a dance class. I will be able to move more easily, I won't be intimidated to let loose and dance worried with how I look. Since I've always loved dancing, I want to make it a point to not be intimidated by the way I look and just be out there having fun. Whether swing dance or tap, I want to use the opportunity to move more to have fun.
- Having achieved my first 10% I know it feels good to know I look good. I know I have more energy. I know I am already less intimidated to go out and do things because of my weight. I know that even though I have a long way to go, I have come so far. I know that food should be something to enjoy, not to despair over. It should be nourishment, not an escape. It should not be used for filling boredom. And exercise is a necessary part of life helping to energize, rejuvenate, and de-stress.
- I have come this far--I know I am able to keep going!
No comments:
Post a Comment