Although I dont' watch the show, I figured I would try The Biggest Loser Workout DVD (Vol 1). Led by celebrity trainer Bob Harper (who has wayyyy too much energy) and including some of the contestants from the show who lost the weight (so they're real people as opposed to fitness experts in tight clothes. These people were actually struggling with the workout like I
was, which although in most cases that sounds unappealing, but it made me feel like I was normal that my muscles were burning and I was screaming to stop.Like the Dancing with the Stars DVD, it was broken up into different segments which you could customize. That's probably a trend with the fitness DVDs, but since I had only ever done VHS tapes, this idea is novel to me.
I did the Low-Intensity Cardio which was 25 minutes. Low intensity my left earlobe. I guess it was, but I was still sweating and panting and my lungs were straining to keep up. There were lots of squats, lunges, and twisting ab-focused moves. It was definitely an all over body workout. Less typical cardio style than I had expected, but certainly a workout and my heart-rate was definitely up. It focused a lot on the lower body which is where I really need it, so if I continue it, I will definitely see toning results where I want them.
All in all I enjoyed it. I will be trying it again, as well as some of the other variations of workouts. I just gotta keep going with it. Keep burning those calories & melting those jiggly parts.
Until next time
2 comments:
That's awesome that you found a great workour DVD. I needed to get one because I was making way too many excuses not to go to the gym lately. I got the 30 Day Shred and I share your sentiments about struggling to keep up!
Keep up the good work and let us know what kind of progress you have!
I'm working my way up to the Shred. It seems pretty intense. Maybe that will be one of my new year's resolutions. :)
Post a Comment