
For anyone who posts on any discussion board I'm sure you see some of these things, but since I don't want to cause a ruckus on the site, I figured I would post this here.
Dear WW Message Board,
I would like to point out a few things that everyone should take into account when posting their messages of the trials and tribulations of weight loss.
1. I am a stickler for grammar and spelling. It may be a little prudish or OCD, but I need to get this out of my system. You lose weight, not loose weight. If your pants are loose that's fine, but your weight is never loose. Also curious, response, and the difference between breathe vs. breath. Plz tri and lurn how 2 spel.
2. Okay. I get it. You guys like the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Do we have to have 234357257 posts about it? What is it? What is it like? How many APs do you burn? SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!! Can we just have a FAQ on the Shred and what it does? What's the shred--GO HERE!
3. Please stop whining about how you're 125 lbs and still feel like you're fat. If you think those models whose bones are protruding from their skin are beautiful then you should not be here on Weight Watchers. You should be going to therapy for body image counseling. Most other people here are trying to seriously lose weight for their health and well being and will be ecstatic just getting close to their goal weight let alone below goal to make goal & lifetime. And if you think that a number on a scale is going to help you feel beautiful, then you've got some bigger issues to deal with.
4. On that same note, yes, the boards are there for people to support you and motivate you, but if you think posting your photos/website to get people to tell you - oh you look so thin, you look great, stop worrying...then again, you've got some bigger issues.
5. Daily points are there for you to EAT. If you're not eating your points you're going to slow your metabolism thinking it's going into starvation mode. USE THEM! And if you are complaining that you can't even use 19 points because it's too much food, HAVE A BLOODY ICE CREAM SUNDAE OR SOMETHING! You probably need it.
6. Can we please stop comparing points--Daily points, Activity Points, Weekly points...I dont' need to feel like a lazy bum thinking that my 14 activity points I'm aiming for this week is mediocre compared to the fact that you earned that in one day. That's great. You spent all your time at the gym today doing three classes and the treadmill. Fantastic. Can you walk?
7. WHO DRINKS 100 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY!?!?!?!? If I get in my reccommended 6 8oz glasses that's 48 oz. And I'm lucky if I get that in. 72, 80, 104? Are you hooked up to a fishtank or something?
8. TOM, DBF, DH, DD, AP, NSV-WTF??? How long does it take you to write out words?
9. Speaking of TOM. I know it's a part of your monthly life as a woman and your struggle to lose weight at that time dealing with cravings and cramps and all the fun stuff...but do you really have to post a whole thread about it? All I see is a running tally of TOM posts and Shred.
10. Other repetitive running topics: boys, dates, work, weather, over points, and general motivation & depression. I would think the boards would be better served asking questions about the program, sharing ideas, recipes etc. I really don't need to know that you're allergic to a certain brand of makeup and that your eyes now look like pink golf balls.
11. Stop freaking out about "Oh I ate this and it's going to ruin my diet" or "OMG I JUST HAD M&Ms" or best yet "I'm SO SCARED what the scale is going to say at weigh in!!" You really have to learn to accept your cravings and indulgences as part of the process. You're not going to make up for a week's worth of bad behavior in 2 hours and you're not going to gain five pounds for one day of bad eating (unless it's the same day or the day before). CALM DOWN.
In closing. I know I cannot change what will be posted on the boards, but for the consideration of others and MY SANITY, please take the time to reflect upon these points and think about what you're writing before you post.
Thank you,
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment