Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rewards

So I've been doing this program (and blog) for about 8 1/2 months. And I've definitely come quite some ways since April.

One thing I haven't done which I have seen on the WW community boards is set up a rewards system for myself. I've had certain things like a new outfit when I reach my 10% goal, but I got that early, completely defeating the purpose of striving towards a goal to get that reward.

So I'm thinking maybe it would be a good idea to start doing that. The question is, what do I want. What is going to be worth striving for to reach those marks?

Well let's start with a few for now...
I'm currently at 197.8
At 195: Treat myself to a manicure
At 190: Treat myself to a facial or massage
186.8 (my 10% from my last 10%): Complete new outfit
180: BATHING SUIT!

So that's 18 lbs to lose which might bring me to Memorial Day to my Bikini Challenge. If I lose it before May, even better. Then I'll have more rewards on the way!

Now that I have a few readers that I'm aware...what are some of your rewards you've been giving yourself for your accomplishments and mini-goals?

Until next time

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I never thought to make rewards or mini goals until I started frequenting the WW message boards in November.

It sounds selfish and snobby but I've always just bought something if I really wanted it. Mostly because I can. Realizing that I wasn't making myself work towards anything was quite eye opening.

I've since stopped buying insane amounts of clothing (my weakness) and made my first goal about clothing (jeans to be exact- which I hate buying). It felt liberating and ceremonial. It's also been helping me save more money. I am very thankful to have set up rewards. Mine, for now, are..

198.9 (10%)- New pair of jeans- achieved 12/8/08
190- 3 new bras
180- A spa day (including my first massage)
170- weekend getaway- but I need a different goal

TheBroadBroad said...

That's definitely awesome. I'm going to buy myself a couple of movies I really want for my first ten pounds. :)