
Straight from the WW boards...and Seventeen Magazine, I present the Body Peace Pledge. A little bit of a homework assignment to help us women learn to accept who they are and be proud of what they have been blessed with, regardless of size.
http://www.seventeen.com/health-sex-fitness/body-types/body-peace-pledge
Write your own pledge...if not to share, then definitely for yourself!
A: Body Peace Pledge
Write YOUR Body Peace Pledge. Who is your target audience? (Women from 40-50? Teens? Men? Modern Maturity? Or Just You… for your bathroom mirror?) Is it a whole body pledge? Or a “Making Peace with the Wrinkles on My Neck” Pledge?
I pledge to love my body no matter what shape it is in. I accept my family trait of being curvy, especially with my lower half. I continue to flaunt it no matter what the numbers on the scale say. I love my legs. I love my waist. I love my long neck. I love my boobs. I love that I can tower over guys in heels because I know I look good in them. I love that I need to buy the tall lengths. I love that I can buy pants in stores that are not plus sized. I love my hands, wrists, arms and shoulders. I know I am beautiful and I'm not afraid to show it :)
B. Making Peace with the Scale
Are you at peace with the scale? Have you made peace with weight loss? How much scale movement (either up or down) is realistic? What does the scale really measure?
I am at peace with my weight. I have worked so hard to get to where I am today and am happy how far I've come. As I continue to work towards my goals, I smile knowing I can get on the scale without cringing. I know that even a small loss is a victory, but accept that a gain of any size is not a failure, just something that I need to pay attention to. Even when the scale is not my friend, it is just a number. I know when I look good and I don't need a number to tell me that.
C. Food Peace Pledge
Have you made peace with food? Write a pledge about healthy you will eat… Both health food for your body… and health food (chocolate? Cake? Chips) for your soul. Maybe include making peace with portion sizes? Or making peace with journaling food? Making peace with imperfection? Would it include making peace with stress to avoid stress eating?
I'm still working on making peace with food, but I certainly enjoy food - indulging in the rich flavors and textures of foods from around the world. I do not run to food for an emotional fix, but I do turn to it for mindless boredom eating. I pledge to counteract that as much as possible. I pledge to track my food as much as possible in order to be aware of what I am eating, and then learn from that tracking. I pledge to try not to be lazy about eating; to make myself meals instead of resorting to snacking; to plan out my meals and food shopping and to store healthy foods in my kitchen to counteract the need to snack.
D. Exercise Peace Pledge
Have you made peace with exercise? What is your definition of “exercise” or “activity”? How much exercise is “enough”? How much slacking off is acceptable? How much time is realistic?
I pledge to use exercise as a tool for enjoyment and health. When I do exercise I love it, but the motivation to get going is often an obstacle. I pledge to stop letting that get in my way to improving my health and image. I pledge to not let my laziness win over the chance to exercise. I understand I cannot control some aspects of available time, but I do pledge to make every effort to include activity into my life on a regular basis.
At the end of the day, I pledge to love me for me without any changes, but always striving to be the healthy, fit, beautiful woman I know I can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment