I never thought I'd ever have this problem, but I think my body is going through workout withdrawal.Yesterday I did not work out for the first day since the previous Saturday--that's seven straight days of some sort of activity (I don't think I'd ever done that), and I think I'm paying for it!
My back ached yesterday and today I feel like I'm completely hungover. I was just getting to the point where my body was not sore from doing the Shred & I stopped and now I'm feeling an all over soreness & exhaustion like I'd been trudging all throughout the land for days swash buckling and fighting off giants in search of reaching the lovely Buttercup.*
And I'm a little afraid it's going to be even harder to get back into it and that I'll start making excuses again and lose that momentum. Not that I want to let that happen, but I know me...I can be quite difficult when I'm tired.
My glimmer of hope is the plan to go to the tap dance class tonight w/my friend from WW after our meeting so that I naturally have the exercise high and want to do more. Plus the exhilaration from putting on my tap shoes again for the first time in 10 years.
This withdrawal from exercise is something completely new to me, but I hope I use it's power for good, not evil. Like Vizzini using his unmatched intelligence to try to outwit the man in black but kept getting his plans foiled as Wesley passed his tests one by one in order to save the love of his life.**
Until next time.
*Sorry...I was having a Princess Bride moment there.
**Yeah...Once I get going...hey, it's an awesome movie.***
***Which I now really want to watch
1 comment:
I have to say I totally agree, it is freaky to feel like you actually MISS the exercise! You are such a rock star for doing The Shred, the rodents of unusual size will have nothing on you!
Post a Comment