Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Marching on a Mission

Yay March! I have been saying that for the past couple of days. February felt very dreary. Everybody I talked to seemed to feel the same. For the shortest month of the year, parts of it felt very long.

But yesterday brought on a new month. A numerically long month, but I feel it will go by faster than February. And it's going to get extraordinarily busy. At work our annual big fundraiser dinner of the year, stage managing the spring play, and birthdays galore among other things will keep me going in overdrive until the end of the month. Which should be a good thing, but I really have to keep myself organized and on schedule with everything, including my weight loss goals & plans.

So my mission this month (and I certainly do accept it), is to boost my activity once again. My ankle is healing still, but that won't stop me from getting in even gentle physical activity. The weather will (should) start to get warmer, so I can start enjoying the outdoors once again, and my goal by the end of this month is to lose 5 lbs. I was hoping to be at 186 which is my next 10%, but February was a little slow. So I think 5 lbs is quite reasonable.

And although the non-flatlining February didn't go quite as well as I had initially planned, some good things did come out of it. I'm tracking more regularly, though I still have issues on the weekends, I finally passed the 35 lb mark, and am feeling slenderer than ever.

One more achievement happened Saturday night when I wore my Burberry size 14s. Granted they were still really tight and I had a bit of muffin top which I was able to disguise with a pretty top, but I did wear them. And I looked damn good in them. (My pseudo-date seemed to think so too...)

So here's to March! I'm feeling it's going to be quite a memorable month.

Until next time

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You wore the Burberry jeans!! YAYYYYY!!!!