Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Huh?

Confused Camel
(What I felt like after I weighed in)

Down 1lb? What? After THAT week? Okay, I don't believe it, but I'll take it.

Well this week I'm all about kicking it up a notch so even if next week the scale says I'm up, I'll know that it's that 2 week cycle and not my lack of trying.

Yesterday on WW.com I saw the Spring into Action Challenge headlining the site. It goes right along with my "No Excuses" mantra. (Okay, so maybe I got the inspiration from reading this article...)

Basically it's that "bootcamp" I was referring to. And it outlined the challenge in four ways
-Eat smarter by planning your meals, sticking to the plan, and staying within your points most of the week unless it's planned in. Don't give in to temptation.
-Moving more by increasing activity, making it a part of your daily routine and even signing up for a 5k (which I am planning for August)
-Build helpful habits by building awareness of your eating habits, your hunger signals, etc.
-Finding support. A friend who can help push you to keep moving towards goals and who you can lean on for support.

These are sort of the basics of how WW works, but those are the things I'm always struggling with. So I'm working on improving all of these things and sticking to my plans.

I went food shopping last night at Trader Joe's and loaded up on all sorts of good stuff. Frozen veggies, healthy dinners, etc. I'm going to be working on planning my meals more so I can be more consistent. Tonight I'm planning a run (especially while the weather is still good!) I'm going to be working on solving my boredom/nighttime eating habit which I regularly struggle with. And as for the support, I am trying to work with one of my friends to train for the 5k as well as share our progress with each other.

I feel newly inspired and newly energized so I want to take advantage of this while I can!! And maybe, in no time I'll be reaching those goals I've been striving for all year.

Until next time

1 comment:

Bare It All said...

Thanks for your comment. And you're right--I should be writing this utmost for myself!

I also saw the WW Spring Into Action and printed it out to focus my thinking. Such great timing!

Congrats on the pound. Slowly but surely.