Another Whirlwind weekend. Drill sergeant let me out to see how I'd do on my own. And I think I did pretty well. If I hadn't had an insane week of eating, I would have had plenty to work with this weekend. But I did have one accomplishment on Sunday...see below.Friday eve: still points crazy--managed to keep within my points for dinner and avoided dessert like the plague. Also avoided alcoholic drinks cuz there was no reason to tack on extra points. Score one for Julia. Didn't exercise...deduct scorepoint.
Saturday: Spent the morning monitoring HS students as they took their SATs. Breakfast was banana, coffee & nutrigrain bar (3 pts! so not worth it). Lunch was leftover chicken & rice. Dinner was beer (light), and mexican. I went for a jog/walk during the day though--good stuff, but my endurance wasn't as good as it had been. Still, I went.
Sunday: Egg beater, spinach, turkey & cheese omelet (SO easy in the microwave!), and then a picnic in Central Park. Tried to eat mostly fruits, but there was lots of cheese & bread too. Oh, and champagne and wine...I didn't overdo it though and got in as much water as possible. Got some sunshine. Fit in a brisk 40 minute walk when I got home since I heard the drill sergeant taking roll call.
Not ridiculous, but could have been better.
My big accomplishment for the weekend...I WORE A BIKINI!!!!!
This week I'm working to get past last weeks insanity and start fresh with a plan
Today: Quick breakfast-mozzarella. Lunch: healthy tuna, rye, cheese, carrots, snow peas, roasted zucchini/squash. Yum. I'm full. I weigh in tonight and then I'm going food shopping for the week. I will try to take a walk before it rains this afternoon and then do some strength training tonight.
5 comments:
sounds like a great weekend. congrats on the half a bikini
Sounds like you got your mojo working.
You betcha :)
Nice work on the bikini-wearing. That is awesome. :)
How do you make the egg dish in the microwave? I'm intrigued.
I use an egg substitute (egg beaters etc.) I put in a (small) bowl pre-cooked spinach, deli turkey chopped up, and the egg, mix it around, and microwave for about 2 minutes. You might have do put it in for additional time if the spinach is watery. I think you can use fresh scrambled eggs too, but I haven't tried that.
Then I added some FF cheese on top and put it on light bread or an english muffin. Or just eat it from the bowl! So fast & easy :)
Post a Comment