Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gaining momentum


This week's weigh in did end up with a 1lb gain. I was okay with that. Although in the back of my mind I was secretly hoping that I had somehow magically figured out the perfect balance of indulgence and health to possibly see a loss, I knew reality was going to tell me otherwise.

And honestly for all the eating and the minimal activity I did, 1lb isn't all that bad.

Since then I've been working on getting back to normal eating habits. During the day (due to my limited cash flow) I've been sticking with food brought from home--sandwiches and a veggie. Plus cereal for breakfast. Monday's dinner was homemade (really good salmon...honey & wasabi glaze along with rice & veggies), but I indulged in some Low Fat Frozen yogurt to go over my dailies and into my weekly points.

Last night's dinner was also really good although we ate out at one of my favorite mexican restaurants. The appetizer portion Chicken Quesadilla and a Tropical salad with mango & peppers (minimal dressing) were the good choices. The frozen margarita, tortilla chips and two out of four fried plantains which came w/my salad were the not so good choices. Actually the only one I really should have passed on was the margarita because of course it was empty calories. And out of the weekly points I used, that was more than half. At least I didn't get dessert or any movie candy. At home I just had a glass of milk (okay--so it was chocolate milk--FF syrup though!) before I went to bed.

I do need to go food shopping because my choices are getting very limited at home, and I have absolutely no fresh fruits or veggies. I've managed to have frozen veggies that I'll pre-cook and bring to work, but I'm really missing the fruit.

As for exercise, it's been so hot & humid and although I've gone out for walks at lunch, I definitely am slacking on the fitness bandwagon. Tonight I have free to run, but it's supposed to rain. It's supposedly going to cool off a bit though, so maybe an early morning run tomorrow.

It's been interesting getting back into the groove--I spent much of yesterday looking at WW articles online to see if anything caught my eye to help motivate me. I think I'm going to revisit some of those Motivating strategies (Tools for Living) and give myself a kick in the butt.

One thing I am going to be working towards is looking and feeling good for my 11 year HS reunion/happy hour at the end of the month. Yes, 11 year. Our class was a little slow on the planning...at least it's better than the 12 year which the class before us will be celebrating with us. Anyway--my point is I have something to move towards. I certainly want to hit the 50 lb mark (SO CLOSE!) before then, but more importantly I want to feel good for it. And I already have a dress to look smashing in!!

Until next time

1 comment:

Carlos said...

way to get back at it... one pound is nothing... you can lose that in a jif