Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Starting fresh

A yo-yo dieter I am not. But for the past year, I've been doing nothing but bouncing around on the scale, and lately, bouncing my way up the scale.

I've had enough.

So I'm starting fresh. I don't want to say I'm starting over because I really have come a long way from where I was two years ago when I joined Weight Watchers, I've learned a lot...but I still have a long way to go.

Next week my life is about to change drastically--but for the better. My boyfriend of about four months is about to move to NY from Arizona and move in with me! And I want to use this opportunity for the chance to reorganize my life and my health for the better.

I went to my meeting tonight, and even though I haven't been in two weeks (with 30th birthday and memorial day in between), I lost .2 lbs. Okay--so that's practically nothing, but considering how little effort I put into it, I am happy with .2 lbs. It's the first time I've lost anything since probably February.

And now with full ambition, I am refreshing my commitment to my plan. I am starting from the beginning and each week I am going to take the topic of the week, and use that as a challenge to work my way down to my goal weight, and to a healthy lifestyle. I'm first starting with the basics of Weight Watchers, re-visiting the building blocks that I'd let run amiss over the past two years.

So here we go...again.

Week 1: Plan basics & tracking: Start eating smarter
Starting Weight: 196.8
Weekly goal: Track everything, pay attention to portion sizes & hunger patterns. Choose foods wisely.

Until next time

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow! Congrats on your new living arrangements! I hope you find even more hapiness and motivation - and when you do, be sure to send some my way because I am sucking wind over here :-/