I had ice cream last night too. After chinese food (Sesame Chicken--my fav...but certainly not WW friendly)
Neither of those times did I really want the ice cream. Definitely didn't need the ice cream. But it was there being offered to me in all it's yummy summertime glory. It was an offer I could not refuse.
But seriously--why not? I've been on the ball the past few weeks. I knew better. I wasn't craving it or anything so why wouldn't I just say no thank you. Am I that weak to resist a sweet treat? I mean I'm all about celebrating, but why do we celebrate with food? And why does that food end up being the worst kind of food for us? Cake, ice cream, high calorie drinks, sugar, fat, sugar, fat, sugarfatsugarfatsugarfat....
Okay maybe I'm obsessing a bit, but seriously, I want to prepare myself to be stronger in these situations so I don't regret it later either thinking about it or when I get on that scale Monday evening. Last night I knew it was a bad idea yet I went along with it and even halfway through the ice cream I'm thinking "why am I eating this????" It wasn't even all that amazing (which is uncommon for this shop in Tarrytown with homemade ice cream...) I even thought about throwing it away halfway through. But I didn't. I finished it. Today's at least was yummy, but I still had those thoughts running through my head--why didn't I get the fat free stuff, why didn't I get the kid size...why am I eating this???"
Seriously.
Anyway-I"m not going to beat myself up about it, but I wanted to blog to my readers and see how others deal with celebratory food or summertime treats.Do you indulge? Do you pass them up? What goes through your head when you make this decision?
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment