Halfway through the work week. Ah.
Well, my weigh in on Monday wasn't as disastrous as I figured it'd be. I am down 2.2 lbs since last week (following an almost 4lb gain after a food feast on Sunday)--so still not where I was hoping to be at this point of the summer, but at least it was a loss.
I also have been making sure I get in workouts--whether walking, extra movement, and even a morning gym routine yesterday.
The problem now is resisting temptation. Like last night we went out for Chinese food. I got a simple beef & vegetables dish with brown rice (not steamed, but still better than sesame chicken...). My boyfriend on the other hand ordered sweet & sour chicken (fried) and FRIED WONTONS!!! And I didn't just have one...or two (even though that's really all I needed)...I had four. Why? Because they were just sitting there. He had half of them and left the other half just staring at me. Taunting me.
And then we went to the movies. And he had popcorn. I never have popcorn at the movies. But I had some with him. Not too much. maybe a 1/2 cup to a cup...but STILL!
First of all I have to figure out how to ask for him to help me NOT tempt me with this kind of food. He's willing to do that, but he's picky with food & usually ends up going with all the stuff that I love but is HORRIBLE for me...and second--if he does get that I have to learn not to ruin the rest of my day's good efforts with stealing or sharing his food! I don't want to ask him to change what he's eating and feel like I'm imposing, but it is not helping me!! HELP!!!
Well, I'm working to make the rest of the week better, plus keep up my workouts & walks to counteract my shortcomings with food choices.
For those of you with significant others--any suggestions on asking for help on cutting down the bad foods?
Until next time
No comments:
Post a Comment