Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Living to your potential

Ever feel like you're just not living life the way you should? Or like your life is spiraling away from you one day at a time?

Lately I've been feeling like that all the time. Like I'm just watching my life pass me by. And I didn't always feel this way. I was a take life by the horns kind of gal for a while there...well not entirely, but I definitely felt more in charge of my life than I do now.

Part of that is my job. I've been wanting to leave for so long, and I feel so overwhelmed by the thought of working here much longer, but I haven't been able to find something new to move on to. I know what I want to do, and I feel like I can be doing so much more.

The other part of that of course is my health--my activity, my eating and my overall health. I try, but I can't seem to get back into the swing of things when it comes to being healthy.

I know I can do more. I have done more. I have done better...in all parts of my life.

Remember as a kid when they used to talk about your potential. You have the potential to be anything you want if you just work for it. Well...I am not working for it...I am not living up to my potential.

I NEED to take back control of my life. The question now is just how to get started............

I was thinking earlier what I need is a good overhaul of my space & time. Eliminating clutter from my life both literally and figuratively. Eliminating distractions & focusing on what I really want. That means knowing what I really want, writing it down, and setting those goals & priorities.

It's funny - I was going to end the post before that paragraph, but leaving this post unfinished was not satisfying. It was not taking life by the horns, it was once again letting it get away from me. But just writing that last part about what I need to do feels better. Creating that action for myself feels right. And now I'm a little bit inspired as to what I need to do!

So from a somewhat whiny post, I leave you with ambition. And I hope to start my next post with a plan. And maybe even some action already taken :)

Until next time